Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Monday 20 October 2014

Papa spoke for the last time !

October 2013 -Last year, today papa returned from the hospital for the last time. 

It was 14th October. And its was the 11th month-more then what doctors had predicted. Deep inside, I was fearing for the dreadful.

Papa’s condition was continuously deteriorating. He hadn’t opened his eyes for the last whole week. I grew worried and again, my heart won over my mind. I decided to admit papa to the hospital. Papa had no say. Mom agreed reluctantly. An ambulance was called. Papa was admitted.  He was put on IV immediately-but it was only to make up for the food he din’t have food since Sept. The doctors had already given up. I could do nothing except for praying.

Papa opened his eyes and he spoke to me. After months of waiting- I was so happy. I wanted to talk and talk. But he was too weak to speak. He would take long pauses.  But I was very happy ( and  I can say I was  really happy because I felt something really deep inside). My hopes again brightened- a miracle would happen.

I recorded his voice for the last time. He said, “ I have to go, I will always be around you”. 

Love you, PAPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment