Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Monday 5 January 2015

Cancer by bad luck!

Cancer- happens due to 'bad luck'...says a study conducted by Johns Hopkins Medicine research study. How lame is that? Are we talking about "luck" in this age? 

I am sure they must have reasons which support their findings, but are they telling us- that the maid working at my home doesn't say...33 year old Pramila's daughter has cancer, when asked she said-  "Kismat kharab hai madam"(it was bad luck, that my daughter has got cancer).

Ofcourse being ill  is bad luck- but whose bad luck? In my case, I, lost my father to cancer. So whose bad luck was it - Papa or me? He left and I am here! The theory of "bad luck" can be attributed to any disease, why limit it to cancer only? Being someone who believes in the power of science- I could not relate to it( Bad luck theory).

I am not convinced, by the 'bad luck theory', however I agree with them -to focus more on detecting cancer at early stage when it is curable. 

For people who are interested in reading the article can read here. It is a great article, i suggest everyone should read it. The classification is done nicely and most of the reasons and risk explained are true.

Happy New Year, Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment