Disclaimer

All the information contained within this blog is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to the doctor. The views expressed in this blog are personal views of the author and are not related or directed towards anyone in particular. Although every effort is made to ensure that the content within this blog is accurate, but it is not official in anyway. Please consult a doctor or health care provider.

Saturday 25 October 2014

A day before....

25, October 2013

Papa seemed less ill, at least thats what I thought. I was kind of relieved.
My husband was traveling and today he was returning. I told papa - I would be back in few hours. He tried to smile, but couldn't. So he moved his eyes in affirmation. I left.

It was evening. Papa became restless. He was asking for me. I hurried. When I reached, papa was unconscious. I pulled the chair ( my companion for last 11months) next to papa's bed. I waited. But today he din't open his eyes. He din't move. He was sweating heavily. His breathing was loud and sporadic.

By now, It had become a routine to stay awake all night for my very obvious reasons. I called him twice. But he din't respond. I grew anxious. I searched for my mobile. I switched on the torch  to check if he was breathing. Yes! Yes! he was. .......Yes he was!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain".

Papa was breathing- that was more then enough. Nothing mattered. He was with me was more that I can ask for.  At that moment, the happiness, the relief - I felt, cannot be put into words.

Every five minutes, I would switch on my phone's light to see if papa was still us. The whole night passed. It was 5:10 a.m.  Papa opened his eyes. He wanted tea.....I knew...today was the day!

Love you Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment